Wednesday, June 04, 2008

D-Day

I just freaked myself out. I signed up to take my BOARDS! The NCLEX-RN examination will be taking place on Tuesday, July 1st at 8 AM, for me, here in San Diego.

Yeah, just a little scary. I have started to study but I am sooooo paranoid. I didn't take the "prep course" and I know I will be okay. I know it. But there is a fear in me. Then the next minute I think I will be fine. My head still feels foggy. Like I have been eating clouds all day. I have not taken pain pills in over 24 hours. What? OH MY, what if I have that thing, that thing we learned about in class, where people wake up from surgery and they are just, "not quite right", OH GOD, what if I have that?
SNAP OUT OF IT. Liz, you don't have that. Stop thinking crazy thoughts. Just gather your things. You will be great. You are a rock star. You just completed three years, no wait, like 8 years of school. You are a pro test taker. Test quiver when they hear your name.

Mommy?!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

You'll do fine! No worries smarty pants.

Melody said...

i have a fine bottle of jameson waiting for you and i to plow into once we both get our passing results...the countdown begins, friend.