Saturday, September 16, 2006

I remember when...

Saturday night used to mean something. Saturday night was a magical unicorn that I wanted to ride. (Ride Sally, Ride!) Saturday night meant everything because it was the culmination of the weeks events bundled with a few drinks and a few laughs which suddenly made the world seem right again. Saturday night meant dressing up real pretty to go out and dance the night away. Now, Saturday night means homework, paper and project managing, and of course studying. Now don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. It's just that I envision my Saturday's a lot different than they play out. My choice Saturday does not include any of the things I did today. So until I may enjoy those fleeting moments of carelessness again, I will long for them. A girl can dream can't she?

1 comment:

chara said...

didn't you get the memo..
nursing school = no fun for the next two years.. not saturdays.. not sundays.. not ever..
but cheer up.. in like 700 days we're golden..