Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In the ER we call this..."Cray. Cray."

These are my thoughts, and one recent related experience with "crazy," brought to light courtesy of the goodness that is this little blurb on the Steez...http://www.antisteez.com/random/the-duchess-of-doral/, and maybe the letter F...for FUCK IT. If you listen to the audio accompanying it (yeah, that up there)...imagine trying to find out from this person why they thought they should come to the ER. Very few of them come in because they think they are crazy. Mostly, they have 15 other complaints such as...back ache, sore throat, achy joints, rare genetic disorder which causes them to "stop breathing" if they look at the color green, finger pain since 1984. All time classic line, "SO what bothers you SO MUCH right now that made you think you have to come to the ER? You can only pick ONE THING."

Anyway, these were my thoughts after reading and listening to this... this morning...
I like her "Hamburglar," get-up the best. I wonder if she pays for her food at McDonald's in euros? Just 'cause she rich! I can see it now...
Duchess: "What do you mean you don't take euros in America? If your dumb American ass knew how much money I just handed you..you would pay for my Filet o' Fish with your own money and put my Euros in your pocket. Then head immediately to the nearest currency exchange. Then you might purchase some of my many books and films which have been acknowledge by superior minds"
Ahhh, I interview people like this at triage in the ER all the time. Trying to get this person to focus is the most circular-nonsense-jibber-jabber you will ever encounter. Good times. In fact, I met one sitting in the Social Security Office last week. Had to finally get my papers legit to remain a US citizen and avoid being deported to Nilbog. Anyway, that is neither here nor there...
While at the good 'ole SSO a 6 foot burly white woman with hair that rivaled Erykah Badu's fro was holding a life-sized stuffed seal swaddled in a blanket like a baby. She looks over at me, dead in the eye and says, "I've been waiting 5 hours in the broiling heat for Sylvester Stallone just to find out what he's gonna do!" Not only was this hilarious but I was so happy to be acknowledged by this phantom of the city. The one whom I've seen carting around that "thing under a blanket" all about downtown. I had been in suspense for weeks!
Every time I see her hobbling down the street I feel like yelling out, "What's behind door number 2?" Instead, I just try to walk close to catch a peak, my mind making up multiple scenarios,,, a baby doll, a live animal, legless midget-bum-partner... only to find it is a seal. Interesting choice. I was still voting for the legless midget-bum-partner envisioning her feeding him, yes him, like a baby bird. Damn. Then, at the end of our exchange, I realized, she looked me in the eye and spoke to me and the 15 other people in her head...and I began to wonder...what they were like too? Then I came back to reality as my number was being served at window 2 and I slowly got up and walked away thinking, "What the fuck is she talking about...its not even hot outside?"

No comments: