Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hot like a Velociraptor

you: "Liz, what are you talking about? That's not a Velociraptor up there. "
Me: "I know, it just sounds good rolling off my tongue."
See I was studying and I was thinking about this little stuffed dino I got my niece and how I wish I had time to go mail it to her, tomorrow. Anyway, so I was thinking...

When I was a kid I thought dinos were the coolest thing ever. Stegosaurus in the house! That was my fav. So I am thinking back to the days of grade school and saying to myself...

"They made me learn a bunch of fun and interesting stuff about dinos when I was a kid, and where did it get me?"

No where really. I mean seriously couldn't they make it more relevant by at least making this knowledge useful in some way, like for bonus points on your driver's license exam:

extra credit: What was the Stegosaurus classified as?
a. carnivore b. herbivore c. omnivore d. your mom

or maybe they can start adding a few of these into my nursing exams. I want more dinosaurs. I want to feel that something random that I learned when I was six or seven still benefits me today.

Why do I have these thoughts? I don't know... I just do.

If you want to learn more about Stegosaurus (the best dino ever... Brontosaurus gets second place) visit Wikipedia and read on brother or sister http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stegosaurus

1 comment:

chara said...

yeah.. i'm all for brontosaurus - i like the idea that we could eat a salad together.. without me running away and trying not to get eaten..